60 Days Free Trial Diets and Weight loss Products

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Is The Biggest Loser Good for Weight Loss?

I am sitting here in my recliner watching The Biggest Loser on television. Yes, I have been watching this show since season 1 in 2004 with my wife. We joked now and again that if I kept gaining weight I could go on this show.


Now that is not the mind frame you should be in when watching this show but that was where I was at. I watched the show and how it has changed over the years.


I sat there thinking, if you get on this show you have no choice but to lose weight. Nobody could lose weight like that unless they have all day, everyday, to work out and eat nutritious meals. Now, if you are a guy, to get on this show, your weight needs to be about 350 pounds plus. Well, when I had my epiphany, I weighed 258 pounds which is no where near the weight you need to be to get on the show.


So for me it seems getting on the show is out. This brings me to the question again, is this show good for weight loss. If you asked me in the first 5 years I watched the show I would have said a definite NO! But since then I have adjusted my thinking a bit. This show has helped thousands and thousands of people lose weight. They have helped the contestants but they have also started programs for work places, American cities, and high schools.


Yes, I know if you look at how the winners are doing after the show, you find that ½ of them have gained some weight back and ½ of those people have gained it all back. But most of these contestants have been helped and have a whole new life and are out helping others do the same. With thousands of people being helped by the show my answer to that question is a resounding YES!


It took me 6 years but I finally figured it out. The hardest part of weight loss is your mindset. If I would have tried out for the show those first years, I would not have had a chance. My mindset was not in the right place. Now that it is in the right place, I don't even need the show.


For More Related Topics Blog: Weightloss Resource

No comments:

Post a Comment